On 6th July 2015 local dignitaries, architects, contractors, local influencers and media from France and UK came together to celebrate the start of build at La Durantie. ‘La Pose Pierre’ ceremony is a tradition in France at the start of significant builds and the Mayor of Castelnau de Montmiral, Monsieur Paul Salvador was present to endorse this project which brings with it an economic aspect to this area as well.
Despite temperatures nudging 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37 degrees Celsius), the crowd cheered-on Monsieur Christian de Pierpont of SARL Gresigne Résidence (Development Company) as the brick laying commenced with excitement. Lunch was then served in the shade within the historical chateau building and conversations naturally turned to the fact that most home owners at Durantie will enjoy an ‘integrated’ swimming pool set within their landscaped private garden.
Following the ceremony, contracts were signed-off by the Director and Lead Architect allowing full works to begin. Sales Director, Jeanne Boden said:
“We have been fortunate to gain a rare permit to build in this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Wildlife and the necessary meticulous planning has taken two and a half years. We are extremely happy to start seeing the fruits of our labour today; we expect the first two homes to be delivered by January / February 2016.”
La Durantie will soon become home to 57 vernacular designed single and two storey one to five bedroom detached homes. There will also be two styles of apartments with either 2 or 3 bedrooms. In-keeping with the local villages, homes will be arranged in small clusters of approximately four to six homes with private spaces and landscaped internal courtyards.
Country Club membership gives owners the use of private rooms within the chateau building such as the bistro, drawing room, library and two private rooms for dining or meetings. Other onsite facilities will include 20 metre indoor and outdoor swimming pools, state of the art spa, tennis courts, croquet lawn, outdoor dining terraces & barbeque.
List of Ceremony Attendees:
- Mayor of Castelnau-de-Montmiral, Monsieur Paul Salvador
- Mayor of Larroque, Monsieur Bernard Audard
- SARL Gresigne Résidence, (Director of the development co ), M Christian de Pierpont
- La Durantie, (Sales Director), Jeanne Boden
- Astruc Architectes SARL, Gaillac (Lead architect and maître D’ouevres), Monsieur Christian Astruc
- Shareholder, Monsieur et Madame Delmas of INFACO (world specialist in secateurs production)
- Dias & Fils, Gaillac, (Main builder), Alain Dias
- Terracing/Landscape contractor, Monsieur Sylvain Laclau
- Société Escaffre, Albi, (Roofing and wood frame contractor), Jean Michel Escaffre and team
- ENTS Nimsgern, Albi (Plasterer / painter contractor), Jean Louis Nimsgern
- L et L Energie, Albi (Electrical heating and plumbing, Monsieur Yves Lagreze and team
- La Dépêche (Reporter)
- The Metro (Reporter), Oliver Wadeson
- The Guardian (Reporter),Emma Cook
- Tempus (Reporter), Victoria Smith
- P1 Communications (PR), Caroline Burnett